In association with ophthalmic UV-A radiation, the solution is administered during conservative parasurgical procedures for keratoconus and other corneal extasia pathologies
The administration of RICROLINŽ in association with UV-A light retards the progression of Keratoconus. This treatment can prevent the necessity of corneal transplant.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
5-10 minutes prior to irradiation, instil 1 or 2 drops of the solution using the appropriate dispenser provided
During treatment with UV-A light instil the solution every 5 minutes, for a total of 30 minutes
RICROLIN® ophthalmic solution has no contraindications. Use must be avoided in cases of hypersensitivity reactions to the components of the product or to other chemically related substances.
No systemic side effects regarding the ocular surface have been reported.
- The product must be kept away from direct light
- Right up to the moment the product is to be utilised, it must be stored under refrigeration at a temperature between +4 and +8°C
- Kept within its dispenser, the solution is maintained sterile
- Do not touch the eye surface or other objects with the cannula needle in order to avoid the risk of contamination to the solution
- The product must not be utilised after more than one hour from first use
- The dispenser must not be utilised for more than one patient
- The product must not be utilised after the date indicated on the package
- The product must not be kept at a temperature higher than 25°C
- The product is strictly indicated for external ophthalmic parasurgical use and is therefore utilised exclusively by registered Ophthalomologists
- The product must not be utilised if packaging is damaged
1 sterile single-use dispenser filled with 1ml solution
1 sterile single-use cannula needle